Howto Root Acer Iconia Tab A100 to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Acer Iconia Tab A100 comes with a Powerful 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 250 Dual Core Processor with 8 GB Internal Memory and 512 GB RAM. For a price range between $250 to $300 it beats all its competitors in the tablets market. Some very interesting features it has
- Capacitive, Multi-touch with 1024 x 600 pixels Resolution
- External Storage: Via microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB
- Connectivity : 3G Internet, WiFi, Bluetooth, microUSB
- Camera : Rear 5 Megapixels, Front 2 Megapixels
The First question that arises is “Why Root Acer Iconia Tab A100“
Searching for this question would return you with many answers, below are some of it which may interest you do so :
- Remove the Vendor Lockin from the Device
- Ability to install Android Custom Firmwares
- Ability to install all Latest Android Updates
Root Acer Iconia Tab A100
Needless to say all this comes at a price, when trying to root any device you would tampering or voiding the warranty guidelines of the company “SO NO MORE SUPPORT FROM THE MANUFACTURER”, you also need to be extra careful while doing the whole process of rooting your Acer Iconia Tab A100, Below we have explained in detail the process, dont run or Skip step or it would really BRICK your device, my personal experience in bricking has been very harsh. If you haven’t done rooting before not to worry we shall get your feets wet easily.
Lets Dive into Making your Acer Iconia TAB A100 ReBirth :
Before we start the process to root Acer iconia Tab a100 just follow the below steps to be on the SAFER side,
- As all the data would be wiped off in the process it is highly recommended to take backup of all your Contacts, Emails, Pictures, Movies, Calenders and everything to external source (Could be your Local Hard disk or Pen USB Drive or any other storage medium).
- Jan berkel’s SMS Backup could do the magic to store all your SMS and MMS messages
- Android Cloud can be powered to store your contacts and calender settings
- Astro File Manager works like a charm for Android Market Apps
- Lastly your SD card which hold all your other Important Data
- PC Running ( Any Operating System Windows, Linux, MAC )
- USB Data Cord to connect the device to the PC or System
- Charge your Acer Iconia Tab A100 to full power (Recommended is that it should have atleast 60% consumption left)
Let the Action Begin : (Follow each and Every Step, Do Not Miss any!)
Also before starting to root acer iconia tab A100, on the device Go to Settings => Applications => Development => USB Debugging => Enable. This needs to be done without connecting your device to the Computer System
- Good Starting Point would be Disabling or tuning off your Antivirus, Firewall which may try to create chaos in the procedure.
- Download this Package “ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip” and Save in a Folder on your Desktop where you can remember or easily and quickly accessible.
- Extract all the Files from the Zip File “ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip”. Ensure you have all the below files
- Folders: 1 named tools
- Files : 8 with name as adb, adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, fastboot, fastboot.exe, runit-linux.sh and runit-win.bat Connect your acer iconia tab A100 to your PC via the USB Cord.
- From the Directory you extracted all the files from the zip file Execute the Following as per Operating System
- Windows : runit-win.bat
- Linux : runit-linux.sh
- This starts the the Root Process. Sit back and sip a coffee.
- All Done You have successfully rooted your acer a100 Tablet
- Install the following applications from the android market SuperUser APK, Titanium Backup.
- Important : When your Start the device for the first time start the Superuser program and later all other programs that would require root permissions or authorization.
The Above method works and has been done by many users trying to root Acer Iconia Tab A100. Any issues during the process Comment below and we shall Help you out.
This is a tutorial on how to root Acer Iconia Tab A100. Enjoy and keep reading other Android Custom Firmware Rooting Posts.
Filed in: Acer